“Before & After School Breakfast” Art Contest
The contest winners have been announced! Click here for the results.
A healthy school breakfast sure makes a difference in the morning! It can take students from:
- Sleepy to super-energized
- Cranky to creative
- Running-on-empty to ready-to-work
In the 2015 art contest, students will draw how healthy school breakfast makes them feel – and what a difference it makes!
Three national winners will receive special prize packs, and their drawings will be published on the SNA website.
Entries are due March 31, 2015! Download the submission form here.
- SNA is encouraging schools across the nation to hold local “Before & After School Breakfast” art contests. School Nutrition Professionals or other participating school officials can enter 3 overall winners per participating school to the national contest.
- All entries by students must be made to a local competition (to be organized by and held in schools). Please note that the only way to enter this contest is through a participating school, students cannot enter the contest directly or through a parent.
- On the official entry form, students should draw a picture how they feel before and after school breakfast on the official entry form – and should incorporate one healthy food item in their drawing.
- To judge the national contest, a panel of judges will select one three national winners, based on pre-established criteria which will be published as part of the official contest rules.
- The winners will receive a prize packs from SNA and their drawings will be published on the website.
- Entries must be original, not plagiarized and not evocative of any existing commercial characters so as not to infringe any copyrights or trademarks.
- Entries are due Monday, March 31st 2015.
The method and criteria for judging at the National level will be based on the following criteria:
- Creativity of the artwork design
- Execution of the “before and after”
- Inclusion of healthy food